Sunday, May 13, 2012

Free Day!

Today is our only free day to do whatever we want...oh yes!  We were finally able to sleep in :) I woke up at 11:30 (amazingggggg) and Molly and I went on our first run in Chile!  We ran along the shore; prettiest run i've ever been on.  We ran 6 miles and ended on the sand at the beach!  Even though the water was freezing, we were so sweaty we stuck our feet in the water.  Little did we know the tide was rising and within 5 minutes we were soaked from an unexpected wave.  We started our walk back, but of course, I stepped in glass and sliced my foot open.  Luckily for Molly, she cleaned my foot out and bandaged it up.  We then showered and got ready for the day.  At 2:30 pm, Molly, Alyssa, Carly, Evan, and I went to get Empanadas on the go for lunch and walked 14 blocks to the Chilean mall.  I laughed because I knew that I, of course, would find the mall anywhere I go.  I was able to experience Zara for the first time...omg I am in love <3 We continued to shop throughout the mall and then went through outdoor shops as well!  Everything is so unique and handcrafted; I wished we had things like this at home.  After the mall, we stopped to get coffee and I would usually get my iced Americano with vanilla, but Chileans do not believe in cream.  I decided to try a Chi Tea Latte and it was amazing!  We got back to the hotel and got all dressed up for our fancy group dinner.  Jorge made a reservation to this amazing steak house on the water.  We walked there and it was so nice.  It was so fancy and adult like- I never want to leave Chile.  I tried shrimp and loved it!  That was the appetizer Jorge ordered for all of us.  For my course I got steak and vegetables...yummy!  Then I got cheese cake for dessert.  Best dinner I have ever had.  We just sat at dinner and talked for 2 hours.  Chileans do not rush you at restaurants like they do in America.  Again, today was so relaxing and just made me love Chile even more! 
After the run in the water!

Restaraunt on the water!

Me, Molly, Carly, and Alyssa at dinner

My meal :)

The mall has palm trees...this is my dream
 

No comments:

Post a Comment