Sunday, May 6, 2012

Airport / Arriving in Chile!

We arrived in Santiago, Chile this morning at 7:30 am after a 9 hour flight!  When we boarded the plane I was amazed...it was huge, especially compared to the plane to Miami.  I slept for most of the way except to watch "We Bought a Zoo," but it was extremely awkward when I woke up basically cuddling next to the Canadian next to me...ooops.  Once we got off the plane, we had difficulty going through security and paying the fee to come into South America.  Finally, we got through customs and found our luggage.  We were surprised to see dogs running around the airport sniffing all the suitcases; when they weren't sniffing suitcases, the airport security guards were tossing tennis balls at them :) My suitcase was nicely labeled with a "Heavy Luggage" sign and a caution to please ask for assistance when lifting...what else is new?  We met with Jorge, our program advisor, and a chilean student named Javier in the airport.  They helped us take out Chilean money and board the bus.  We got on these really comfortable buses and instead of looking out the window at all the buildings and environment of Chile, I slept right through it.

Airport Dog just chillin

   

1 comment:

  1. In both business and personal life, I've always found that travel inspires me more than anything else I do. Evidence of the languages, cultures, scenery, food, and design sensibilities that I discover all over the world can be found in every piece of my jewelry.

    Flights to Santiago Chile | Cheap Flights to Santiago Chile | Cheap Air Tickets to Santiago Chile

    ReplyDelete