Thursday, May 17, 2012

EMPANADAS EMPANADAS AND MORE EMPANADAS and Soccer Champs

Today was an empanada filled day…oh boy.  We had our last lecture at the University this morning; however, it was a more interactive lecture.  Before the trip to Chile, we were split up into groups and assigned one of the company’s we were visiting.  We had to research and create a PowerPoint presentation about the main points and on two important Chilean figures. We presented our presentations again to the professor after editing them from the company visits.  We also had the opportunity to ask any lingering questions we had about Chile to the professor who knew everything.  In between the lesson we went to get coffee because we were all so tired, but we ended up getting empanadas as well…of course.  Chileans, again, don’t believe in milk so I had to drink it black.  My dad would be proud.  After the lecture we had lunch at the university and it was surprisingly eatable.  We then went back to the amazing Hotel America to change for soccer.  We went to these soccer fields above the mall and the boys played Chilean boys and us girls split into two teams and played each other.  Even though no one on my team except one girl could play soccer, we all were so aggressive we ended up winning.  We literally ran down the field and beat the other team; all their players ended up on the ground.  We obviously also had a wonderful cheer we did after every goal.  The soccer game was really fun, but we got very tired and needed a break…shopping!  We ended up back at the mall for the second day in a row.  My mom would not expect anything else from me.  I was able to buy lots of gifts for people and some small things for myself.  On the way home from the mall, a bunch of us stopped in at our favorite empanada place and got empanadas for dinner.  It was literally the most amazing dinner ever.  We talked to Sarah, our advisor, who told us all about her travels, scholarships, jobs abroad, and love life.  She really inspired me to take any opportunity given to me and not follow the regular path set out for every American consisting of college, job, and family.  I have so much motivation to travel as much as I can and I would love to one-day live abroad.  I now have so many countries added to my bucket list now thanks to Sarah.  Because it was Monday, we had karaoke that night!  Carly, Molly, and I sung “The Time of my Life” from Dirty Dancing.  It was much better than my first performance.  It was another great day in Chile. 

Empanadas for breakfast at the Univeristy
(Alyssa, Me, Carly)

After our intense game of soccer

Singing karaoke :)
(Moll, Carly, Me)

No comments:

Post a Comment